Updating Your Hotel Management Software
Hotel renovations frequently happen in hallways, corners, lobbies and guest rooms to enhance overall guest experience. Have you considered updating your hotel's PMS (Property Management System) as well? Is your current software meeting the needs of your hotel business? If you are considering upgrading your current system or changing to another software provider, the helpful reference tool we discovered on SoftwareAdvice.com may be of interest to you.
You will find a layout of software providers for hotel management. They provide a break down of what each offers, market trends, reviews by users, costs, details and other information to help you narrow down your choices.
Independent hotel owners have reached out to us at various times for advice concerning software.
It can be frustrating if you are feeling overwhelmed with so many choices. You may not be sure what to look for, expect, or what you may even need as a business manager/owner that will best complement your hotel business.
There are distinct differences between cloud-based software and other standard services. Cloud-based software is hosted on the vendor's servers and accessed through a web browser. On-premise software is installed locally, on a company's computers and servers. Functions, perks and costs of each can vary. How do you know what you should purchase?
Renovating your hotel PMS (Property Management System) is important and requires some thought before making a decision.
These questions provided by SoftwareAdvice.com will help inform and guide you through the selection process.
Specific questions to ask when evaluating hotel software include:
- Does your marketing strategy require customer relationship management (or will it, in the future)?
- Are you using social media like Twitter and Facebook to communicate with your guests? Does the software support that?
- Do you already have a property management system in place?
- Are your guests buying additional products or services from you, requiring a point-of-sale system? Do you already have one? Is it compatible?
- How extensive is your third-party hotel reservation software system? Is the system compatible with those sites you wish to be associated with?
- What kind of data do you want to collect about your guests? Does the software store that data? How many records will it let you have?
- Do you require a solution with large group and event management capabilities?