The Magazine of Essentials for a Successful Hotel Business
Ten Ways to Make Lasting Impressions with Hotel Guests
First impressions are extremely
important, especially in the hospitality industry. Employees from
award-winning hotel Candlewood Suites in Greenville, SC share these valuable tips to
help you create a lasting impression with hotel guests.
1. Your attitude sets the tone.
2. Your smile will never go
3. Be excited that a guest is
4. Your tone of voice says more
about you than you realize. Are you bland or upbeat and excited?
5. Treat every guest as if it's
the first time they have been to your hotel or have experienced your
6. Be willing to listen if guests
want to share a conversation. Guests remember having conversations
and bonding with you.
7. Be knowledgeable about your
hotel and brand. Don't be shy about sharing helpful information
during conversations, especially if it is their first time staying
8. Continue to cultivate your
ability to connect with guests - everyday.
9. Everybody makes mistakes, but
if a guest feels comfortable with you, they will let you know if
something is wrong instead of walking out the door and never coming
10. Acknowledge hotel guests often
during their stay whenever you have contact with them.